Sunday 14 June 2015

Inspiration from Westbourne Open Gardens

15 gardens in 3 hours, and so many photos my phone ran out of battery... Time to sit down for a rest before I get out and tend to my own patch! I'd really like to act on some of the ideas I had for my own garden as I wandered round, so here's what I liked...

Alchemila molls combined with Alium Christophe. I've wanted some of these alliums for ages, they're so structural and dry well too.


A rose arch to divide different areas of the garden/driveway.


This was the garden of Rosebury House! I can't believe how far it went, right to the river Ems. Gorgeous!


I love the colour combination of nepeta and salvia.


In the garden next door - a great feature! I want one! Reminds me of the Lost Gardens of Heligan.


 Ideas for hard surfacing, I do love paviers...


Topiary! If only I had the time...


I think this was Ivy House, not a huge garden but one of my faves with lots of interest.


Nice subtle colours with pale variegated foliage.

A buddliea grown as a tree!


Box edging doesn't have to be very thick to look smart...


A cute brick path to a secret veggie corner of the garden.


A lovely spot next to the river!


A pretty example of how gardening doesn't have to be expensive or time consuming... Mum if you're reading this, please can I have some of the purple one? I don't even know what it is, just that it likes to grow in crevices!


Another lovely riverside spot, near the humped back bridge


My first rope swing of the day!


Irises - must get some, and the pink flower is fabulous too...


The paving in this garden was amazing and all done by the owners' children and grandchildren!



I had hard landscaping envy in this garden. They even had a 'rill' for their grandchildren to sail boats down, although they're too old for it now and it's been filled with gravel.


The Chantry Hall estate was a real eye opener! All new but with so much character, immaculately presented! I don't think I'll ever be that tidy!


 I love this veranda.


Green green green, so relaxing.


A gravel 'patio' with brick edging looked smart.


Something to aspire to, nice colour combo


A blue leaved plant, looked amazing!


Every garden should have a lavender seat, and I like the rope steps too...


Interesting wall, I could see this in my garden...


And the steps... I need to talk to Handy Dad this time!


The scent in this garden was amazing! Need more roses...


And rose arches...


A show-stopping peony, hubby would love this!


The veranda I covet every time I drive to Southbourne


Lovely big rose


And the finale - a huge American dogwood tree, wow.

I'm feeling inspired, and also pleased with what I've already done. I LOVE gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment